What is Android Emulator or AVD?
The Android Emulator or AVD (Android Virtual Device) that helps you to simulates Android devices on your computer so that you can test your application on a variety of devices and Android API levels without needing to have each physical device. The emulator provides almost all of the capabilities of a real Android device.
How to create and manage virtual devices?
- To setup the AVD, follow the following steps:
- Step 1:
- Select Tools > AVD Manager.
- Click AVD Manager in the toolbar.
- Step 2: Click Create Virtual Device, at the bottom of the AVD Manager dialog. The Select Hardware page appears.
- Step 3 : Select a hardware profile, and then click Next.
- Step 4: Select the system image for a particular API level, and then click Next.
- Step 5: The Verify Configuration page appears.
- Set a name of AVD and other relevant information.
- Step 6: List of all available AVDs will be displayed. Select a device and press start button to launch AVD.
- Choosing the pen button you may edit the hardware and configuration profile of existing AVD.
- Step 7: After some processing time it will launch your configured AVD on Screen.